A lot of us have experimented with freezing apple juice in an ice block mould at some point in our lives but this recipe combines ice cream with ice block and seamlessly blends the two, creating a gorgeous dessert that tastes every bit as good as it looks. It’s healthy, delicious and the perfect summer treat! Check out our Ombre Berry And Vanilla Yoghurt Pops…
💡 Use paper cups in a muffin tin if you don’t have proper ice-block moulds
🍽 makes 8 | ⏱ 1.5 hours
• 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
• 1 and 1/3 cups of apple juice
• 2 x 170g tubs of low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of yoghurt into the bottom of each mould. Freeze for 30-40 minutes or until firm.
- Pour the rest of the yoghurt into a blender with 1/4 cup of berries and blend until the colour is a consistent pink.
- Spoon roughly 2 tablespoons of the pink berry yoghurt mixture on top of the white yogurt in each of the moulds/cups.
- Cover and wrap tightly with plastic wrap or put the supplied ice-block mould lid on. If you don’t have lids with sticks, put a paddle-pop stick through the plastic into each cup. Freeze for 30-40 minutes.
- Blend the rest of the mixed berries and apple juice until smooth.
- Pour the berry mixture on top of the pink yoghurt mixture to fill the remaining space in each mould. Freeze for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy!
💡Tip: You can replace mixed berries with kiwi fruit, passionfruit or just about any other fruit. Actually, if you have the time and patience, doing this with a variety of fruits ends in a rainbow of pops that kids absolutely love!
If you’d like to get more recipes like these Ombre Berry And Vanilla Yoghurt Pops in your inbox once a month, get in contact with us or hit the subscribe button…