Blended tube feeding is a method of providing nutrition to individuals who are unable to eat solid food or have difficulty swallowing. This approach involves blending various ingredients to create a smooth liquid consistency that can be easily administered through a feeding tube. A popular recipe for blended tube feeding includes a combination of milk or a plant-based milk alternative, fresh or frozen blueberries, spinach leaves, raw firm tofu, banana, almond butter and cinnamon. In this blended feed recipe, these ingredients are blended together to create a nutrient-dense, tasty, and easy-to-digest meal that is ideal for tube feeding.
🍽 450 ml | ⏱ 5 minutes
- 1 cup of full-cream milk or calcium fortified soy milk (other milk alternatives won’t have enough protein)
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen blueberries, measure frozen then thaw before blending)
- ½ cup of lightly packed fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup (about 115g) of raw, firm tofu
- ½ of a medium sized banana
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until a smooth, liquid texture is achieved. This could take a few minutes. Check the consistency. You may need to add a little more milk to thin it out.
- After blending, strain the mixture with a sieve as needed to remove any seeds or lumps.
💡 You can make a few batches of this and freeze them. Remember to allow enough time to fully thaw before feeding.
If you’d like to learn more or get recipes like this blended feed recipe in your inbox once a month, get in contact with us or hit the subscribe button…